"Avoid people who tell you not to avoid the HP" Top 5 Page for this destination Areas to Avoid Tip by Karnubawax
Areas to Avoid, San Francisco: 88 reviews and 24 photos
Most tourists don't go to Hunter's Point or Sunnydale for the simple reason that there is really nothing to see - certainly not compared with the rest of the City. I'm a little surprised by some of the anonymous comments on here who are seeming to say that there is no reason to worry about going to the HP. That is just plain false.
For those not aware, San Francisco is on the peak of a 3-year surge in violent crime. Most of these murders occur in the southeast of the City. Now, we can argue all day about what racial, social, and economic conditions are the reason for it. But, my dear tourist, this is NOT YOUR PROBLEM. We SF liberals are very good at guilt-tripping people into denying that certain realities exist. And one of those realities is that the southeast, particularly Hunter's Point, is a dangerous place to be. Only a FOOL would suggest otherwise!
Please do not go to Hunter's Point, and please do not let these well meaning but misguided people convince you to go to a place that is simply NOT SAFE.
Enjoy your visit!
More Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco (5)
More Reviews (81)
- See All Karaoke at The Mint (Castro)
- See All Good Mexican in the Haight
- See All Earthquake Weather
- See All San Francisco Library - SF History...
- See All S.F. Zoo - it ain't San Diego!
- See All Make Friends! Ask For Directions!
- See All The Albany Bulb
- See All Vintage Clothing on Haight Street
- See All Playin' The Ponies!
- See All I went to Pier 39 (so you don't have...
- See All SF Weather - prepare for anything!
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
Karnubawax's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels