K Mart: "Where to get cheap clothes when luggage is lost" Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Shopping Tip by Kakapo2
Christchurch Shopping: 42 reviews and 40 photos
Once friends of us from overseas arrived without most of their luggage. Lucky them that we could help out with most things as they did not get a lot of money from the airline to buy clothes and other essentials.
We went to K-Mart to get underwear and socks, and such things are incredibly cheap there, also t-shirts, sports gear, swimsuits and shoes, and the quality is not too bad. Just nothing is really flash or funky - but in such a case of lost luggage you do not care. And lucky them - their bags arrived two days later already. But they still have their K-Mart underwear ;-)
The K-Mart stores also sell all kinds of household and garden items, decoration (especially for Christmas), wool, sewing stuff, bicycles, appliances, toys, sweets, creams, toothbrushes - just nearly everything you can imagine, and most things are really cheap. Perhaps the products would not fulfill your highest expectations but for bridging some days without your personal belongings especially the clothes are perfectly fine.
K Marts locations in Christchurch:
Riccarton Mall (Westfield Riccarton, 129 Riccarton Road)
Shirley (corner of New Brighton & Golf Links Road)
Theme: Department Store
More Shopping in Christchurch (17)
More Reviews (226)
- See All The new after-quake double-decker city...
- See All Produce and fruit fresh from the orchard
- See All Local transport after the earthquakes
- See All Scared Scriptless comedy show
- See All Accommodation after the February...
- See All Christchurch Heroes
- See All Tour Buses are no Banksafes
- See All Mountain Biking in the Port Hills on a...
- See All Succulent Steaks and Divine Desserts
- See All A new Maori Experience on the Styx River
- See All KoTane have found a new Source of Income
Been to Christchurch?Share your travels with the world!
Kakapo2's Related Pages
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels