H2O Sushi: "World Class Sushi in Broadripple" Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Restaurant Tip by staindesign

Indianapolis Restaurants: 101 reviews and 89 photos

To begin with this place has a great rep. around town for the quality of food they produce. And the clientel are dressed from fancy to casuel, I saw a few families there with their young children to people there on dates. The interior design of the restaurant doesn't please me much. It is so modern that it looks cold. The colors are dark, the tables are metal. The place is small, but there really isn't many tables or lights in the restaurant. There is lots of space between the tables, so sitting at the tables makes me feel like i'm eatting my food by myself in the dark. I prefer to sit at the sushi bar because there is more light and the colors of the food behind the glass makes it feel more inviting. The staff is very knowledgable and very concerned with your meal experience. This is a great place to go with a group of friends or family, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first date if you have to sit at a table.

Favorite Dish: First I would like to start off saying that this place has the best sushi I have ever had. My friend Edy is the head sushi chef here and he is fantastic. If you have the chance sit at the sushi bar and talk with him and he will fix you right up! I tried the tuna tartar ($11) it was fantastic. Since we had never had much sushi he fixed us up with unagi (eel), shrimp, yellowtail, and salmon Nigiri. Then we split the Pork Ribs: slowly braised with brussel sprout slaw, sweet potato chips, and the ribs were in the best BBQ sauce. (spicy & sweet). And they have an extensive wine and saki list. For two people we spent about $80 which included the tip.

Address: 1912 Broad Ripple Ave.
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: If you are traveling south on Keystone, make a right on 62nd st. The restaurant is on the right side of the street about 2-3 blocks down the street. You have to park in the back and enter from the back of the restaurant, they have a little sign out front.
Phone: 317-254-0677
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Japanese/Sushi
Website: http://www.h2osushibar.com/

• Written Jan 31, 2007

Comments

staindesign Lives Here!

staindesign

“Now that we found each other, let's see everything.”

Have you been to Indianapolis?