"A Room with a View" Top 5 Page for this destination Radisson Blu Hotel Erfurt Tip by christine.j

Radisson Blu Hotel Erfurt, Erfurt: 49 reviews and 1 photos

View from our room
by christine.j

The last time I went to Erfurt was to help move, so I chose this hotel for its location. There are special weekend rates, 90 Euro for a standard double including breakfast.
The room was somewhat small, but had all the basics, even a water kettle for tea or coffee.
They say all their rooms have a great view across the old part of Erfurt, ours certainly had. It was a grey January weekend, but you could still enjoy the view.

There is a wellness area in the hotel, also a gym , but helping to move was enough of a work out for me, so I didn't go there.

Breakfast was very good, a large buffet. A chef was standing there and prepared your eggs, omelettes or fresh waffles (so good!!) exactly how you liked them.
Breakfast was 14,50 Euro, but included in our rate. It was certainly worth the money.
Even though there was a lot of staff, they seemed to be losing control occasionally, running out of tea cups, tea pots, not enough coffee etc. Not all plates and cups were clean, as if they had cut short a cycle of the dishwasher. So you had to look closely if your cup was clean or not.

Unique Qualities: I really liked the attitude of the staff. In such a large hotel you expect them to be indifferent, but no, they weren't. There are several check-in desks, all were staffed, so no guest had to wait. The same was true for check-out.
When I was looking for the staircase, immediately someone came up and asked if she could help me.
All this was done in a very friendly way.

On the down side is parking! There is a sign saying "hotel parking lot", you have to get a ticket out of the machine to get in. Only when we were in, we saw that it was absolutely overcrowded. Just turning the (small!) car around was a nightmare. There is nothing that tells you if there are still any spaces available. Many car had parked illegally, so it was very difficult just leaving the lot again. It would have been 10,50 Euro for a day. We were glad when we found a space somewhere else.

Address: Juri-gagarin-ring 127, 99084 Erfurt
Comparison: about average
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://erfurt.radissonsas.com/

• Written Jan 31, 2007

Comments

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Have you been to Erfurt?