Grand Intercontinental New De: "Not Impressed" Delhi Hotel Tip by sdhancock

Delhi Hotels: 154 reviews and 214 photos

Was not impressed. To be fair, I'm a Marriott fan. Without exception worldwide, if I have issues at Marriott properties the staff resolves them. I'm also a Priorities Club member & spend about 160 nights a year in hotels.

My issues: Price. Yes, I know it's a screw-the-non-Indian-national thing & I accept that. But at $900 US for three nights the value simply didn't match the cost.

Service: I found it to be rather poor. Ordered ice; never got it. Went to the Club Lounge for breakfast at 7AM. Closed. Sign said open at 6:30. Had a flight to catch so we called the front desk. They said sorry - they'd change the sign. Of course that never happened. Finally got our omelets at 7:30. Asked the concierge in the Club Lounge to please confirm our onward airline tickets. Said we'd have to go to the travel desk on the 1st floor for someone to simply make a phone call (what was the Concierge's job???). Okay, yes they did it. For 200 Rs. Was planning on returning and requesting a late check-out (our flight would leave at 11:45PM). I asked what we could do to get a late checkout. Was simply told to worry about it when we returned. No offer to check the hotel occupancy for that date. Overall this level of service was extremely disappointing.

Attitude: The staff was overall quite arrogent, as if they believed they were in the best hotel in the world. Far from it! The guys in front were helpful in getting a cab. But the impression was toally ruined with their agressive hands out for tips when they had really only done their jobs & nothing more.

Would strongly suggest you consider another option in New Delhi.

On the positive side - the location is great. In-room wireless internet was okay. Not particularly fast & you can't just log on, you have to call to get a password. A bit of a hassle.

Unique Qualities: Location is good.

Address: Barakhamba Avenue Connaught Pl
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 23411001