"Compagno's Market & Deli (Prescott) - New Monterey" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98
Monterey Restaurants: 207 reviews and 387 photos
Compagno's Market and Deli is up Prescott Avenue, high, high up at the top of the hill about 1 mile above Cannery Row. It also happens to be immediately outside of the Presidio's Taylor Street Gate, making it very convenient for the DLI students to walk for a quick lunch. Soon after I arrived in Monterey, I ran into a DLI student and he told me about Compagno's...it came highly recommended!
I finally got to try a Compagno's sandwich and it was impressive. I was at a casual evening reception with about 100 others, and the host served sandwiches from Compagno's. They were gigantic!! They came on boards that were 10-12 feet long and 6 inches wide. The sandwiches themselves were about 6 inches tall and stuffed with meat, cheese, and veggies. Amazing!
I have no idea how much you pay for a sandwich like this, but it was excellent!
According to the Monterey Herald, Compagno's has the best sandwiches in the county!
Address: 2000 Prescott Ave
Price Comparison: least expensive
Phone: (831) 375-5987
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Monterey (82)
More Reviews (162)
- See All Visitors Center & Old French Consulate
- See All East Village Cafe (Washington St) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All El Estero Park
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels