"Sheraton Safari Hotel And Suites Lake Buena Vista" Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort Tip by goingsolo

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando: 520 reviews and 9 photos

Orlando
by goingsolo

Although I found the pervasive safari motif to be extremely tacky, I ended up liking this hotel. I stayed here during a business trip in January, 2007, and that's probably part of the reason why I couldn't get into the whole theme thing. Still, even if I was indulging in a Disney vacation, I have a feeling the zebra striped sheets would have been a bit much.

I liked the location of this place, just outside Lake Buena Vista and just a few miles from the sprawling Disney complex. I also liked the great room rate I got for the suite. It had a balcony and a nice view of the heart (or maybe it was mouse ears. The design was a bit amorphous) shaped pool. I'm not a fan of hotels with exterior corridors, so, if you're not either, you may want to rethink staying here. Other than that technical detail, the stay was enjoyable. The room was up to Sheraton standards and the service was friendly and fabulous. Free parking was a perk, as free anything in the Disney venue is a welcome relief.

The restaurant serves the typical generic Sheraton fare. Room service was prompt and efficient and the breakfast buffet wasn't bad. It was a pretty nice spread actually, with lots of fruits, yogurt and cereal in addition to the bacon and eggs and carb and sugar laden muffin and bagel options that many hotels throw in. If you'd prefer to venture out, there are tons of restaurants within walking distance, and Downtown Disney is only a couple of miles away.

The hotel doesn't have shuttle service to the parks, so you may want to factor that in to your decision if Disney hopping is in your plans.

Unique Qualities: The hotel boasts the world's longest python water slide. I'll admit that I have no idea what that is exactly, or whether it is, in fact the world's longest. I'm just going by what the sign said.

Address: 12205 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836
Comparison: about average
Directions: From I-4, take the "Lake Buena Vista" exit and head north for a couple of blocks. You'll see the hotel on your right, just past the Crossroads shopping center.
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.sheraton.com

• Written Jan 27, 2007

Comments

goingsolo

“"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."”

Have you been to Orlando?