"Peace, quiet and beauty in the Biltmore Estate :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Off The Beaten Path Tip by matcrazy1
Asheville Off The Beaten Path: 36 reviews and 71 photos
This charming and unbelievable beautiful lake surrounded by trees in fall colours, mainly in yellow is called the Bass Pond. In late October it remained me what is called the Gold Polish Fall (Autumn) which I had seen in Poland a few weeks before. I felt like at home in this place. Well, some deer should cross my path, but they didn't :-).
The Bass Pond is located in the Biltmore Estate but off the beaten path: in the most southern part of the Biltmore Gardens. That's why there were no, even one, visitors when I was there. What a nice contrast with the crowded Biltmore House. From the Biltmore House take a trail southwards called then the Bass Pond Path and walk down some 40-50 min. On the way you have all other gardens and may amaze the first managed forests in America.
othercontact: +1 (800) 624-1575
Phone: +1 (888) 428-8260
More Off The Beaten Path in Asheville (9)
More Reviews (90)
- See All Animals at the Biltmore Estate
- See All Quilts by known artists
- See All Blacksmith at work
- See All Great local food and service! :-)
- See All CLOSED Biltmore House!
- See All Streets of downtown
- Climbing in downtown
- See All Do not judge at first look
- Good value - 61,05$ per 2!
- Asheville is up in the mountains!
- See All To and around Biltmore Estate
Been to Asheville?Share your travels with the world!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Asheville?Share Your Travels