"The neglected Italian Garden :-(" Top 5 Page for this destination Biltmore Estate Tip by matcrazy1
Biltmore Estate, Asheville: 77 reviews and 216 photos
To be honest this part of the Biltmore Garden didn't look impressive in fall 2004. I hope you'll see it in better shape. Nearly 1,500 people work in the Biltmore Estate and hopefully some will make these gardens worth a visit and at least as beautiful as Sigurta Gardens in Valeggio sul Mincio, Italy I visited a few months later.
The relatively small Italian Garden consists of a few rectangular ponds with a few classical statues put on stone posts and large green hedge around. This space looked neglected when I was there. So I just passed by and went down to the Bush an Walled Gardens passing through a beautiful passage covered by climbing plants (see picture 4-5).
Address: Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC 28803
Directions: In the middle of the Biltmore Estate, south of the Biltmore House (map here). Details in my last transportation tip here
othercontact: +1 (800) 624-1575
Phone: +1 (888) 428-8260
More Things to Do in Asheville (36)
More Reviews (63)
- See All Carl Sandburg Home in Flat Rock
- See All Quilts by known artists
- See All Blacksmith at work
- See All Great local food and service! :-)
- See All CLOSED Biltmore House!
- See All Streets of downtown
- Climbing in downtown
- See All Do not judge at first look
- Good value - 61,05$ per 2!
- Asheville is up in the mountains!
- See All To and around Biltmore Estate
Been to Asheville?Share your travels with the world!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Asheville?Share Your Travels