"Tourist Information Office (Turismo de Santiago)" Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Things to Do Tip by suvanki

Santiago de Compostela Things to Do: 205 reviews and 520 photos

Tourist Information Office, Santiago de Compostela
by suvanki

This is the Main (City)Tourist office in Santiago de Compostela - A good place to start off your visit - friendly, helpful staff (the staff I encountered spoke good English, so useful for me, with my VERY limited Spanish), free maps, advice about places to see/things to do.

This is where you hire your Mp3 player for the guided walk of Santiago de Compostela, which I found to be very useful and interesting (please see my guided walk tip for more info)

Guide books and post cards etc for sale. Bus timetables for Airport and neighbouring towns etc.

Winter opening 0900 - 1400 and 1600 - 1900 hrs

Holy Week and High Season 0900 - 2100hrs

There are 2 other TI offices on this street;
The Regional tourist office at No 43 www.turgalicia.es
and the Xacobeo office at No 32 (for information about the Camino de Santiago

I called in here again at my recent visit to enquire about buses to get me to that evenings Bruce Springsteen concert. The staff again, were very helpful, and gave me the correct information that I needed.

Address: 63 Rua Do Vilar, Santiago de Compostela
Directions: From the Cathedral - Plaza de las Platerias (silversmiths sq.) Rua Do Vilar is the street to the left (if standing with the Cathedral behind you).
TI office is on the left side, towards the end of the street.

Phone: 981 55 51 29
Website: http://www.santiagoturismo.com

• Updated Nov 8, 2009

Comments

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Santiago de Compostela?