"Pretty architectural details" Top 5 Page for this destination Biltmore Estate Tip by matcrazy1
Biltmore Estate, Asheville: 77 reviews and 216 photos
I always look for some smaller in size but beautiful architectural details which make the look of monumental and large structures more human and friendly. Look at my pictures to see what I have found in and around the Biltmore House:
This white marble statue of a natural size kid is put on a thin and tall column-like post in the western verandah of the Biltmore House. Is it a girl or a boy? Well, look at picture 2 and try to guess :-)
I called it the Fish Fountain. It's located on the way from the Biltmore House to the Gardens, close to ponds.
This cross-like decorative detail embolishes numerous triangle toppings of the Biltmore House. I don't know whether this mysterious architectural motif has any proper name. Do you know?
Address: Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC 28803
Directions: The Biltmore House is in the middle of the Biltmore Estate (map here). Details in my last transportation tip here
othercontact: +1 (828) 225-1600
Phone: +1 (800) 624-1575
More Things to Do in Asheville (36)
More Reviews (63)
- See All Carl Sandburg Home in Flat Rock
- See All Quilts by known artists
- See All Blacksmith at work
- See All Great local food and service! :-)
- See All CLOSED Biltmore House!
- See All Streets of downtown
- Climbing in downtown
- See All Do not judge at first look
- Good value - 61,05$ per 2!
- Asheville is up in the mountains!
- See All To and around Biltmore Estate
Been to Asheville?Share your travels with the world!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Asheville?Share Your Travels