Bouldin Creek Cafe: "Coffee, beer, vegetarian food" Bouldin Creek Cafe Tip by tee0206

Bouldin Creek Cafe, Austin: 1 reviews and 0 photos

This is becoming one of my typical hangout spots. I love it. $2 beers (excluding Guinness) during happy hour. I usually order a Session beer and then just sit around and talk to friends. I really enjoy these Austin coffeehouses that serve alcohol over typical bars. It's definitely more conducive for conversation. Anyway, this place is cozy, laidback, artsy, and it has a covered patio out back and an open patio to the side. They have plenty of board games and books for your enjoyment. The food is really good, too. I'm not a vegetarian and I'm often wary of trying vegetarian dishes, but I was very pleased. The prices are definitely reasonable as well. They also offer a variety of vegan dishes.

Favorite Dish: I tried my very first veggie burger at this place. I loved it. They were out of barbecue sauce, so they put pesto on my burger. It was absolutely delicious. I'm pretty much converted now. I think this burger was better than many real burgers I've had. I definitely plan on trying more veggie burgers in the future. Honestly, I never really got the point of veggie burgers before I actually tried one. I always wondered why you would want fake meat when you can have the real thing. Then I realized that they're actually really good.

Address: South 1st St.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Near W. Mary St.
Phone: (512) 416-1601