"They take care of downtown now!" Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Asheville Local Customs: 25 reviews and 71 photos
I've visited quite many smaller towns and cities in the South and western + southwestern part of the USA. Many of them are sweet, but some are rundown and remain neglected for years. I was told that Asheville had its golden age in 1890 - 1929 (stock exchange crash) but then economic growth in Asheville was very slow. Let me quote one local I was talking to: Asheville was a mountain, hidden city far from state center and forgotten by God. It started to change in 1980' and even more in 1990'. I could see the results.
It seems that Asheville grows now quite fast and both locals and local government take a lot of care of historic city downtown. Strolling around downtown I've seen even back streets lined with green trees with renovated and painted houses along. Add some small architecture like colorful murals or little sculptures put on sidewalks. And despite numerous and different visitors downtown Asheville is clean. Look at my 5 pictures. Now I wish Asheville to add more colours and smile to streets off downtown. Good luck!
More Local Customs in Asheville (14)
More Reviews (85)
- See All Carl Sandburg Home in Flat Rock
- See All Animals at the Biltmore Estate
- See All Quilts by known artists
- See All Great local food and service! :-)
- See All CLOSED Biltmore House!
- See All Streets of downtown
- Climbing in downtown
- See All Do not judge at first look
- Good value - 61,05$ per 2!
- Asheville is up in the mountains!
- See All To and around Biltmore Estate
Been to Asheville?Share your travels with the world!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Asheville?Share Your Travels