Rainbow Lanai: "Casual Beachside" Honolulu Restaurant Tip by April1985

Honolulu Restaurants: 296 reviews and 467 photos

Located at the hilton hawaiian village. My family and I went to the Rainbow Lanai for the breakfast buffet. It featured hawaiian foods such as the pulled pork, sliced ham, fresh pinapple chunks, and pinapple juice. I thought it was okay. I did not think it was worth the amount of money that we paid for it. Sure its a buffet, but the food wasnt that good. The scrambeled eggs tasted like, egg beaters, and for the amount of money you pay, they should be fresh eggs. I was mupset about the watermelon as well. But i guess because hawaii has to import most of their items, i couldnt expect too much from them. It tasted very watered down, most likey because they are not in season in january. The omlettes were fresh eggs and they tasted delicious. The ham and bacon were good, the pulled pork was alright. And to my suprize the pinapple was very sour. I felt like i could have gotten fresher pinapple out of a can, rather than at this buffet.

Favorite Dish: the fresh omlettes were the best, i would say go get one of those !

Address: Rainbow Tower on the ground floor, oceanfront.
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (808) 949-4321 Ext. 48
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 2
Theme: Buffet
Website: http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/dining/rainbow-lanai.asp

• Written Jan 17, 2007

Have you been to Honolulu?