"New Year's Eve or "Silvester"" Personal Experiences Tip by Beograd

Personal Experiences, Vienna: 35 reviews and 41 photos

Here in Germany, I was shocked to see that two days after the Christmas, the decoration in shoping malls was being taken off. Like New Year's Eve is not just a few days away! Considering how many different nationalities and religions are living together in this country, one would think that Germany of all Europe would give great significance to New Year's Eve in attempt to unite them (or should I say "us") under one international holiday.

That's why Vienna made me miss home a lot less. It was marvelously decorated and once again I felt that holliday spirit that was gone for years after my childhood. The economy crisis that my country was pushed into and some other private unfortunate matters that took place around this time, killed this holliday feeling in me.

Seeing the city beautifully decorated and lot's of people in the street brought more than just a smile on my face. I felt I was living my dream. Knowing that I will never see Vienna with such innocent eyes as this first time, I tried not to be spastic, but to take a deep breath and absorbe as much as possible. But it was impossible to be relaxed! Like a child in a candy shop, I didn't know where to look first. Should it be the astonishing facades? Street decoration? People?

Unfortunately, our attempts to capture Vienna's glow in "evening gown" were, somewhat, vain. Still, I am determined to share these pictures for they were driven by genuine excitement and they were our attempt to capture as many astonishing moments as possible to be shared later with our family and friends.

Address: The old part of Vienna inside the Ringstrasse

• Updated Mar 1, 2007

Comments

Beograd

“We have hundreds of lifes, but only one worth remembering!”

Have you been to Vienna?