"Siem Reap power boat" Battambang Transportation Tip by Monster78

Battambang Transportation: 25 reviews and 72 photos

My two companions and I traveled to Battambang via Siem Reap's "power boat." It was early October (2006) and the water was still quite high. The power boat was scheduled to depart at 7am, although we left closer to 7:45am, and the trip took approximately 5.5 hours. According to the locals that I spoke to, this is quite unusual and the boat only travels this "quickly" during rainy season.
Tip: I suggest this mode of transportation if not for the ease of use, then for the opportunity to explore Tonle Sap's beautiful water landscape, floating villages, and vast wildlife.
Tip: Politely consider the hotel options provided by the boatmen. There are limited options in Battambang and what they offer, Royal Hotel and Chaya Hotel for example, provide decent rooms at reasonable prices.
Tip: A breakfast of bananas, french baguettes, and butter is sold by the local women and children; a great option for the lengthy journey. I would not suggest buying the bottled water, however, every other natural food sold is safe and helps the local community.

Mode: TO
Type: Ship/Boat

• Updated Jan 14, 2007

“"...with these wings, I will go..."”

Have you been to Battambang?