Hawker food: "Penang Popular "Koay Teow Th'ng"" Top 5 Page for this destination Street Food & Hawkers Tip by SLLiew
Street Food & Hawkers, Penang: 129 reviews and 152 photos
Koay Teow Th'ng is a popular and standard hawker dish in Penang.
"Koay Teow" is a white broad and flat rice noodle. "Th'ng" means soup in Hokkien dialect.
So it is a noodle with bean sprout (taugeh) added in a chicken based soup. Thin slices of chicken and port are added with fish meatball. The soup is quiet bland and so a saucer of soya sauce with chopped chilly accompanies.
Popular for breakfast because it is easy to eat but served throughout the day. There is also a dry version.
Address: Many to be found in Penang.
Directions: Located throughout the city.
More Restaurants in Penang (67)
More Reviews (154)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels