Hawker food: "Penang Grilled Dry Squid" Top 5 Page for this destination Street Food & Hawkers Tip by SLLiew
Street Food & Hawkers, Penang: 129 reviews and 152 photos
Found this same dish in Hong Kong and Taiwan and so must have been brought over by Chinese immigrants to Penang. In Malay, it is called "Sotong Bakar" (Squid Grilled).
Dry squid is first grilled over charcoal fire. Then it is rolled into very thin crispy pieces that breaks with your fingers. And eaten over peanut and chilly sauces.
Smells great and delicious. Have to wait awhile. Relatively more expensive and so order how many ringgit worth.
Address: Many to be found in Penang.
Directions: Located throughout the city.
More Restaurants in Penang (67)
More Reviews (154)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels