Hawker food: "Penang Herbal or Medicated Drinks" Top 5 Page for this destination Street Food & Hawkers Tip by SLLiew
Street Food & Hawkers, Penang: 129 reviews and 152 photos
There are several types of herbal or medicated drinks for keeping you cool or preventing a sore throat from the heat and all the spicy Penang food.
The mildest is the chrysanthenum flower drink, either hot or iced cold.
The dark brown medicated drink is a bit bitter and you will be given a small glass of the sweeter chrysantehenum tea to wash it down and clear the bitter after taste.
The most challenging one is the "green leaved" herbal drink. It has an awful taste but must be good for health, I suppose. It falls under the "Fear Factor" challenge.
Address: Many to be found in Penang.
Directions: Located throughout the city.
More Restaurants in Penang (67)
More Reviews (154)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels