Hawker food: "Penang Poh Piah" Top 5 Page for this destination Street Food & Hawkers Tip by SLLiew
Street Food & Hawkers, Penang: 129 reviews and 152 photos
Penang Poh Piah is a type of spring roll which is usually a wrap of cooked slices of mengkuang (kind of turnip), minced meat, seafood, vegetable. The composition is a secret recipe for each poh piah maker. Usually then cut into pieces and picked with chopstick or fork dipped with your basic chilly or tomato sauce.
There is a deep fried version. The better poh piah just melt in your mouth with all the flavors. It is usually eaten as a light appetizer or side dish along with your noodles or main dish.
There are many stalls throughout Penang including at Gurney Drive Hawker Center, New Lane and at Genting Coffee shop of Green Lane Island Park.
Address: Many to be found in Penang.
Directions: Located throughout the city.
More Restaurants in Penang (67)
More Reviews (154)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels