Ding Tai Fung: "Ding Tai Fung" Top 5 Page for this destination Din Tai Fung Tip by imstress
Din Tai Fung, Singapore: 6 reviews and 10 photos
Ding Tai Fung is ranked as one of the world?s Top Ten Best Restaurants by The New York Times.
There is a long queue and you will have to take your no queue. While waiting for your table, you can start going thru the small menu list and place your order.
The signature dish is the xiao long bao where you can see the chefs making them on the spot. We ordered the original and prawn xiao long bao. The original ones tasted better. The seafood fried rice or the pork chop fried rice are also very tasty. The stir fry dou miao fried with garlic are quite nice.
The chopstick holder has steps on how to eat the xiao long bao:
1. Pour vinegar into the small saucer with the ginger strips.
2. Using chopsticks, lift one dumpling and dip it into the ginger vinegar.
3. Place the dumpling on your spoon.
4. Nibble the dumpling wrapping and sip the juice.
5. Drizzle some vinegar and ginger strips on the dumpling.
6. Enjoy the pipping hot xiao long bao!
I still prefer the xiao long bao over at Crystal Jade's La Mian Xiao Long Bao.
Address: 290 Orchard Rd, #B1-03/06, Paragon Shopping Centre
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 6836 8336
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
More Restaurants in Singapore (116)
More Reviews (179)
- See All Singapore Flyer
- See All South East Asia Hotel 3*
- See All Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
- See All VIVO City
- See All Grassland Express & Tours - SIN to KL
- See All Singapore Visitors Centres
imstress' Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels