"Let's Go Latin" Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Things to Do Tip by SabrinaSummerville

Aruba Things to Do: 255 reviews and 406 photos

Dancer at let's Go Latin
by SabrinaSummerville

Dancer at let's Go Latin
    by SabrinaSummerville
  • Let's Go Latin - Aruba
  • Let's Go Latin - Aruba

Let's Go Latin is the name of a spectacular show of Latin singing, dancing, and acrobatics. It runs from Monday to Saturday at the renaissance Hotel theatre and is a visual feast of colour.

We went on a Monday and the theatre wasn't full. Seating is free-style so we had our choice of seats. We sat about five rows from the front. Where you site is important because it is said that if you sit in the front three rows you cannot see the dancer's feet as they perform. Also, I found that sitting in the fifth row (close to the front) I was chosen to sing and also to dance. Normally shy, this time I agreed to go ahead with it and it turned out to be a lot of fun. In fact, three days later when dining at Madame Janette's, some people came up to me and said "Oh you're the dancer from the Latin Show!"

The show has a cast of around 40. There's a leading male and a leading female and they are comperes and singers - both with great singing voices and very easy on the eye. We met the female singer before the show when we were trying to find our way atround the hotel and she could not have been more helpful - she's a lovely person as well as a great singer.

The costume changes for both the singers and the dancers were many and varied and quite amazing.

The acrobats (two males and a female) performed about three seperate acts and are amazingly talented.

I would recommend taking the dinner and show package. At a cost of $89 per person some might find it expensive, but I thought it was great value for money. Dinner is at L G Smiths restaurant and I will seperately review that. For $10 less you can eat at the adjoining seafood buffet.

To see the show alone it costs $44 per person.

After the show the cast line up in the foyer for photographs and to greet the audience. It's a lovely touch.

I thought this was an incredible night out.

Address: Renaissance Hotel, L G Smith Boulevard, Oranjestad
Directions: Right in the centre of Oranjestad facing the cruise ship berth. Go up the red carpeted stairs towards the Crystal Casino and the theatre is right in front of you.

• Updated Jan 14, 2007

Comments

SabrinaSummerville

“"I am of Ireland....Come dance with me in Ireland", W.B. Yeats”

Have you been to Aruba?