"Botanic Walk" Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Favorite Tip by SLLiew
Penang Favorites: 179 reviews and 208 photos
Favorite thing: There is a new Botanic Walk, about 10 minutes walk, from the free car park near the Batik Shop to Moon Gate, and continue to the entrance of the Botanical Gardens. The section between Moon Gate and the entrance is still under construction and should complete soon.
It is a very pleasant shaded walk with some up and down slopes. The old alternative is the pavement along the road which is often busy with other pedestrians and oncoming traffic.
This first picture caught a local picking the leaves called "Sarawak leave" which are edible. At this rate, all the plants of this species will be picked. Hopefully, awareness of potection public property for enjoyment of all is higher amongst the younger generation.
More Favorites in Penang (7)
More Reviews (214)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels