Imperial Treasure La Mian Xiao Long Bao Restaurant: "Chinese Restaurant at Marina Sq." Singapore Restaurant Tip by y_lyn

Singapore Restaurants: 946 reviews and 1,240 photos

Fish head cooked in Sichuan Style
      Fish head cooked in Sichuan Style
      Pig Trotter with vegetables
      My favourite dish - Prawns cooked with salted egg
    by y_lyn

My family and I went to this restaurant to celebrate my mum's birthday. The place is quite big and there are many tables in the restaurant so we were quite glad that we didn't have to queue which we normally have to do at a typical restaurant.

We ordered quite a number of dishes which include Fish head cooked in Sichuan Style (I ate a bit of this only cos the fish got a lot of bones), Pig trotter with vegetables($28), Shanghai Fried Rice ($10.50), Steam pork dumplings($3.60) and prawns cooked with salted egg yolk etc. The fish looked spicy but surprising, it is not. For the steam pork dumplings, the skin is very thin. You need to pick it up gently with your spoon and chopsticks otherwise all the soup from the dumplings will spill out. For the fried rice, I feel that it tasted quite ordinary. The pig trotter is good as the meat is quite tender and the sauce goes very well with white rice. I finished up 1 bowl of rice!

Favorite Dish: I love the prawns cooked with salted egg yolk.. Very tasty and i even ate the prawns together with shells. For this dish, 100g of prawns cost $6. We had 9 prawns (400g) and total cost is $24, a bit steep though.

~ 13 Jan 2007

Rating: 3
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum

• Updated Jan 13, 2007

y_lyn Lives Here!

“~ Today is a sunny day :) Where to go next?”

Have you been to Singapore?