"Butterworth - Sri Mariamman Hindu Temple" Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Off The Beaten Path Tip by SLLiew
Penang Off The Beaten Path: 145 reviews and 217 photos
What is special is that this Hindu temple is right by the sea. It is located at Jalan Jeti Lama (Old Jetty Road) in this old part of Butterworth town where boats used to leave from the mainland to Penang Island.
The temple height is taller than average and the sculpture and carvings are intricate and colorful. Asked the guardian if Thaipusam was held there but told that they have firewalking ceremony.
There a lot of pigeons and so be careful where you park your car to avoid having a car wash later.
More Off The Beaten Path in Penang (19)
More Reviews (202)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels