Yang Tau Foo Foodstalls: "Yang Tau Foo dish" Top 5 Page for this destination Information & Sources Tip by SLLiew
Information & Sources, Penang: 28 reviews and 35 photos
Yang Tau Foo, a Chinese Hakka dish, has its most famous origin is from Ampang near Kuala Lumpur. It has been popularized all over Malaysia including Penang.
The basic type is the finely minced pork stuffed in a white bean curd (tofu). It is cooked in hot water and served in a soup. Then it is eaten dipped with chilly or tomato or soya sauce.
There are now many varieties including stuffings into different vegetables like "Lady's fingers", brinjal, chilly, bitter gourd.
Other additions are all kinds of fish, squid, beef or pork meatballs and fresh leafy vegetables and slices of cuttlefish, coagulated cubes of chicken blood, etc.
You use a tong to select a sample of the variety you want and it will be all combined and prepared in a bowl of clear soup for your indulgence.
There are many Yang Tau Foo stalls including at Gurney Drive Hawker Center, Mandarin Cafe near USM campus at Sungai Dua.
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Penang (67)
More Reviews (154)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels