Uncommon Ground: "Uncommonly Good Food and Ambience at..." Top 5 Page for this destination Uncommon Ground Tip by deecat

Uncommon Ground, Chicago: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Outside shot of Uncommon Ground

Outside shot of Uncommon Ground
      Allan, Dee, & Jill at Uncommon Ground
      Bar at Uncommon Ground
      Fireplace and Comfort Area
      Half Pound Burger
    by deecat

Please check out all the added photographs for a view of the inside of the restaurant.

On a rainy Friday afternnoon in January, 2007, my husband [Allan] and daughter [Jill] and I enjoyed a late lunch at Uncommon Ground in Chicago. Jill had been here several times before and wanted us to experience the ambience and the good food. I like the idea that local artists have work on display; a new artist each month. Also music plays a large part in this restaurant with different musicians performing weekly.

I loved the decor of this wonderful restaurant with its well-lit space, large bar, funky light fixtures, lovely fireplace, and second room for live music. Uncommon Ground serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. In addition, it is available for Private Parties [contact Helen @ 773.929.3680 or email helen@uncommonground.com].

I especially enjoyed the unique offerings on the menu such as Baked Artichoke-Goat Cheese & Pesto Dip served with french bread crostinini or Homemade Vegetarian Chili Bowl or cup, or Macaroni & Cheese that is made with 7-year-old cheddar cheese and topped with tomato chutney Balsamic mixed greens! The list goes on and on.

We were seated by a large window near the bar...no fear...this is a smoke free restaurant. The waitress was pleasant, efficient, and quite helpful. The owner stopped by the table for a "chat" and asked if we wanted him to take a photo of the three of us [since I was snapping pictures frequently!]

Favorite Dish: Jill immediately ordered a bowl of coffee. (Yes, I said bowl of coffee!). I ordered a delicious cup of Moca Coffee that just "hit the spot" on this rainy, cool afternoon.

Jill and I decided to share the Apple, Walnut & Blue Cheese Salad made with fresh greens that are topped with toasted walnuts, crisp tart apples, Amish blue cheese & covered with balsamic vinaigrette. We also shared a Pesto, Roma Tomato & three-Cheese Pizza. The three cheese are Chevre, blue & smoked mozzarella cheeses. It's unique taste was quite a treat.

Allan ordered the Certified Angus Beef Uncommon Half Pound Burger that was served on an onion challah bun with balsamic mixed greens. He also had bacon, grilled onions, and mushrooms on his burger. If you did not want the greens, you could have french fries instead.

We all three were perfectly pleased with the delicious food. They have several desserts, but we did not partake.

Address: 3800 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 773-929-3680
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.uncommonground.com

• Updated Jan 13, 2007

Comments

deecat Lives Here!

deecat

Have you been to Chicago?