"Rural Malay Villages" Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Off The Beaten Path Tip by SLLiew
Penang Off The Beaten Path: 145 reviews and 217 photos
In the south west of Penang Island (Balik Pulau) and northern area of Mainland Penang (Seberang Perai Utara), you can see typical rural Malay villages.
The houses are built on stilts surrounded by coconut trees either in rice fields or near the river and coast as fishing villages.
Chickens are reared below the house surrounded by fruit trees and canals where one can fish. So a Malay house is almost complete and being on stilts is prepared if it ever flood. Now each house has a car or two. Wonder where to put the car if it ever flood.
More Off The Beaten Path in Penang (19)
More Reviews (202)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels