"Go to the Amalfi Coast for the day!" Amalfi - Daytrip Tip by longsanborn
Amalfi - Daytrip, Sorrento: 12 reviews and 16 photos
Another highly recommended excursion from Sorrento is going to the Amalfi coastal towns of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello.
If you plan to use the public transport (the SITA bus), I would highly advise leaving early in the morning because:
(1) There is so much to see and explore in the Amalfi coast;
(2) Amalfi coast is very popular with the tourists.
(3) There is only one bus every 50 - 60 minutes (I think).
(4) SITA bus (blue color) is not a tour bus. So you cannot book seats.
(5) A big crowd (tourist & locals) will be waiting for the bus.
Buy the SITA bus ticket (Euro 2.40 for 120 minutes) from any tobacco shops (tabaccheria)/ magazine stands/ mini-markets or the small shop at the Sorrento train station. Then wait for the SITA bus down the steps from the train station. You cannot miss it; you will see a big crowd there queuing/waiting for the bus.
If you want to travel in comfort, you can book a semi-private or private tour to the Amalfi coast. This is a good option if you have a big group. That way, you can enjoy your excursion without worrying about the public transport.
More Things to Do in Sorrento (2)
More Reviews (6)
longsanborn's Related Pages
Have you been to Sorrento?Share Your Travels