"Perai - Old town" Top 5 Page for this destination City Tours & Views Tip by SLLiew
City Tours & Views, Penang: 7 reviews and 11 photos
Perai (Prai) was a bustling port and raliway terminus before both activities were moved to Butterworth. So the riverside of Perai is now "delapidated" but quite scenic with the slow boat tugging down the river.
Perai still has the famous "Prai Sugar" factory and the steel factory "Malayawata". There is also the Perai Industrial Zone where many factories are operating under special tax status.
So perhaps one day, the former glory of Perai will return. Until then, it has become a small quiet town to remember the great heydays.
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels