"Around the temples" Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Transportation Tip by hydronetta
Bagan Transportation: 36 reviews and 71 photos
There are 3 ways to sightsee around Bagan. Definetly avoid sightseeing on foot as distances between temples can be long and the heat unbearable.
1. Car with driver (and guide if you wish). This is the most expensive option but the most convenient for more remote temples. It can cost you arouns 30$ per day + 15$ for the guide
2. Horse cart. Very romantic way. In fact you won't escape from horse cart owners who will struggle to get your attention. Check out who looks more suitable and who speaks better english. They can work as a guide as well because most of them come from the area and they know about the temples. You should only plan which temples you want to see beforehead so that you don't miss any and bargain about the price. Usually they charge 10$ per day. Bare in mind that those outside hotel entrances may charge more.
3. Bicycle: the cheapest option but certainly the most tiring one as you you have to fight with the dust and heat and certainly you need to have a good sense of orientation. Note that not all roads between temples are paved.
More Transportation in Bagan (1)
More Reviews (23)
- See All Temples are functional
- See All Lunch with view
- See All Day 2 Programme
- While touring around Bagan...
hydronetta's Related Pages
Have you been to Bagan?Share Your Travels