VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Good but costly" Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires Tip by skovmand

Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires: 1,381 reviews and 21 photos

I stayed with Marriot for a few days on a combined business and holiday trip in January 2007. I booked a deluxe room.

Style: Old fashioned classic style. The hotel has a looong history behind it.

Location: Excellent, next to both nightlife and shopping (Florida Street is just in front of the hotel).

Staff: Freindly but not as proactive as I would expect from a 4,5 star hotel. I have experienced a lot better service in other hotels. They let me pass them dragging 2 big suitcases and never offered me any help. I was standing looking for a map for a long time - again noone asked me if they could help me.

Services: They offer pretty much all you can think of - but it is very costly compared to "street price". They have a pool that was being renovated while I stayed at the hotel (sadly enough). High speed Internet is available but costs extra.

The Room: I got a top floor deluxe room with a balcony. A good view and actually a very nice room. A fantastic bed !! I slept like a baby (and I hate hotel beds - they are never like your own bed).

Price: I paid about 200 USD per night which is far too much compared to the rest of Buenos Aires. I had the feeling before I did the booking - but after being here and seeing other hotels and locations - I had it confirmed. The Marriot name is costly and gives you nothing except confidence that the hotel is not an underperformer.

Conclusion: A very good hotel - but not the best value for money though.

Unique Qualities: A very comfortable room - location and services are very good.
Bring your wife or girlfreind for a weekend - go shopping - order roomservice etc. :-)

Address: Florida 1005, , Buenos Aires C1005AAU
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: In the Retiro area.
Phone: +54 11 4318-3000
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.plazahotelba.com

• Written Jan 6, 2007

Comments

skovmand

“Travelling is Living”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Buenos Aires?