"Enjoying The Local Life" Top 5 Page for this destination Khajuraho Favorite Tip by keeweechic

Khajuraho General: 22 reviews and 41 photos

Favorite thing: This was a very different welcome than we had all had earlier in the day. When the tour bus turned up, we were swamped by venders and again when leaving the temples to walk to the bus. Most were very aggressive including an old woman who I was pretty much fighting off with the garland of flowers she was trying to sell me by shoving over my head. She was a feisty thing and wasn?t going to give up. Coming back in the afternoon by myself was a very different story. No one approached me and I was left to wander at will. Wild Boar wandered in the sides of roads. Small shops were quiet after the tourist rush in the morning. Most sit in their darkened shops with their air conditioners off. The moment you approach, everything is switched on and you are welcomed in. Of course they try and tempt you with their wares but nothing is too pressurized. No one wants to be missed out so I did them all, one by one and only buying a few small souvenirs. I was approached by a young man who offered to show me some more shops and I let him. This proved to be an experience to change my memories of Khajuraho.

• Written Jan 6, 2007

“Travel is the greatest eye opener you will ever get.”

Have you been to Khajuraho?