"Very Memorable" Top 5 Page for this destination Khajuraho Favorite Tip by keeweechic

Khajuraho General: 22 reviews and 41 photos

Favorite thing: Khajuraho was personally very memorable for me, not just for the awesome temples and carvings but for the lesser acknowledged treasures, the people. I arrived in Khajuraho with a cold that had been persisting for some 4 days. With everything being fast paced, there had been no chance to find a pharmacy to get myself anything. On approaching the temples I saw a small shop with a pharmacy symbol. As soon as the tour of the temples was over, I headed there to get myself something that would help. The shop was small and service was obtained from the street from a man sitting behind the counter. I explained with no problem what I wanted and he seemed to understand. He offered a couple of different tabs of tablets and I settled more on one that had the word ?cold? in it. Nothing came in boxes or packets, it was sold by the strip. Back in the bus I struggled to read the minute instructions on the back before taking any. After an hour or more of more sightseeing we were back in our hotel for what was to be a leisurely afternoon. I did something I rarely do during day light hours, I went out like a light and think I can only blame the medication for the sudden enforced sleep.

• Written Jan 6, 2007

Comments

keeweechic

“Travel is the greatest eye opener you will ever get.”

Have you been to Khajuraho?