"Fundraising with Sausage Sizzles" Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Local Custom Tip by Kakapo2
Christchurch Local Customs: 42 reviews and 46 photos
New Zealanders are fundraising all the time, for schools, churches, privately funded surgeries, just everything. Garage sales, kids selling chocolate and cookies and quiz nights are just some of the activities to raise money for mostly important things that do not get funding by the state.
On the weekends is the, I would call it: super sausage sizzle craze. In front of many supermarkets, shopping centres, DIY centres and the shops of the butcher who sponsors the sizzles, people like you and me are busy sizzling sausages and onions. It is the cheapest lunch you will get in the city. One sausage with onions and bread (which is a slice of untoasted toast-bread...) costs between NZ$1 and 1.50. This is still cheap even if you need two... ;-) Bon appetit!
More Local Customs in Christchurch (15)
More Reviews (228)
- See All The new after-quake double-decker city...
- See All Produce and fruit fresh from the orchard
- See All Local transport after the earthquakes
- See All Pure indulgence
- See All Scared Scriptless comedy show
- See All Accommodation after the February...
- See All Tour Buses are no Banksafes
- See All Mountain Biking in the Port Hills on a...
- See All Succulent Steaks and Divine Desserts
- See All A new Maori Experience on the Styx River
- See All KoTane have found a new Source of Income
Been to Christchurch?Share your travels with the world!
Kakapo2's Related Pages
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels