Vliegende Schotel (Flying Saucer): "Vegetarians rejoice!" Vliegende Schotel Tip by panasonicyouth

Vliegende Schotel, Amsterdam: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I came across this restaurant in the Get Lost guide to Amsterdam. Being slightly out of the way from most tourist hot spots, the place had a very local feel. It is located in the Jordaan area which was beautiful to take a stroll through either before or after your meal. The food was EXCELLENT, and well worth the price. For a little over 20 euros, we had a delicious, freshly prepared vegetarian meal that kept us full for hours. If you don't mind waiting about 20 minutes for a delicious vegetarian meal, give this place a try. The menu offered mostly all vegetarian dishes, some vegan, and even some seafood dishes. Even if you're not a vegetarian, you can easily find a wide variety of interesting dishes that you'd most likely come back for. You can take a look at an english menu, order from the counter and pay when you're finished your meal. The ambience was nothing amazing, but was very fitting for the restaurant. Funky tables and artwork were all over the restaurant. There are two areas where you can enjoy your meal, either in the smoking section or in the next room over which is non-smoking. My girlfriend and I ate here two of the five nights we stayed in Amsterdam (mostly because I loved it so much). I will definitely eat at this place again whenever I'm in Amsterdam.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed both meals I had - The Spicy Tortilla dish, and the potato au gratin dish. Both were served with fresh salads, and heaping servings of the entrees.

Address: Nieuwe Leliestraat 162, Amsterdam
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Jordaan area...we walked from the Grey Area coffeeshop in about 10 minutes.
Phone: +31-20-6252041