"Evade the bloody heat in summer :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Local Custom Tip by Trekki
Bukhara Local Customs: 12 reviews and 31 photos
The city is HOT in summer. At least I was relieved to hear that I was not the only one who thought so, in so many travellers reports people mention this heat.
After coming from Khiva (and only small amount of shade) I was very positively surprised to see so many green areas in Bukhara. If you wander around, you’ll find small and shady places and bigger parks almost around every corner. The biggest park is west of the Ark, near Bolo Hauz Mosque.
Or, if you want to do as the Uzbeks do – bring an umbrella :-)
I was very much amused to see so many people (mostly women) walking around with umbrellas. But well, coming from middle Europe, umbrellas mean more rain protection for me (not that I have one….)
Picture 1: park and lady with umbrella near Ismail Samani Mausoleum
Picture 2: shady area near Magok-i-Attar Mosque
Picture 3: park near Bolo Hauz Mosque
Picture 4: at Registan and Ark
Picture 5: gardening at Registan
More Local Customs in Bukhara (1)
More Reviews (36)
- See All Opening hours, and “how much does it...
- See All …or go shopping in the bazaar !
- Travel light and bring activated carbon...
- Get to and from Samarkand, Khiva,...
- Just the same tourist traps as...
- See All There are no warning signs !
- See All Covered bazaars – not only for shopping...
- See All Just besides famous Kalon - another...
- Hotel Nodirbek - good value for your...
- See All Oh yummy joghurt drink :-))
- Lyabi Hauz - the best place to relax
Been to Bukhara?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Bukhara?Share Your Travels