"Cathedral of the Assumption" Top 5 Page for this destination Cathedral of the Assumption Tip by SLLiew
Cathedral of the Assumption, Penang: 3 reviews and 3 photos
This Catholic Church was built arround 1857 from an early congregations of Eurasian Catholics who moved to Penang from Kedah.
So if you are Roman Catholic and backpacking at Chulia Street, it is an easy walk to attend mass on Sundays. This Roman Catholic church is sandwiched between the St. Xavier's Institution - a boys' secondary school and the Penang State Museum. Further down this same street is an Anglican Church and there is a Chinese temple, an Indian Muslim mosque and a Hindu Temple around the corner.
So this Cathedral, besides its outstanding architecture in the landscape reflects the variety or communities as well as the freedom of worship and religious tolerance since the early Penang settlement until now.
Address: Lebuh Farquhar, George Town
Directions: Next to Penang State Museum
Phone: +60 4-261 0088
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels