"Penang State Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Museum & Gallery Tip by SLLiew
Penang Museum & Gallery, Penang: 12 reviews and 22 photos
My opinion is that this is less known jewels of tourist destinations of Penang. The building itself a historic beauty was formerly Penang Free School and was badly damaged by bombing. Only part of its original size.
Admission is only 1 ringgit. This two storey museum can be covered within an hour. Excellent introduction to the colonial history of Prince of Wales Island as well as the various communities, the Chinese, Malays, Indians as well as the Nonya Baba's beaded shoes and kebaya.
The building is well air condition and thus a great relief if you are doing the trail walk or just to get off from the hot sun for awhile. There is ample parking for a fee and a small tourist shop outside uses the old tram car that goes up Penang Hill.
Highly recommended. Note that museum open daily from 9am -5pm and closed on Fridays.
Address: Lebur Farquahar
Directions: Near Jalan Masjid Kapitan Keling
Phone: (604) 226 1461
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels