"Oudtshoorn-Ostrich farms" South Africa Things to Do Tip by mad4travel
South Africa Things to Do: 727 reviews and 1,118 photos
Surrounded by natural beauty, Oudtshoorn is situated at the foot of the majestic Swartberg Mountain range. Numerous rivers, streams and falls have their origins in the Swartberg, Outeniqua and Kamanassie ranges around the town.
Oudtshoorn's main claim to fame though is the 400 ostrich farms surrounding the town, three have distinguished themselves worthy enough to be named show farms.
Cango Ostrich Farm is located in the lush Cango Valley, 14 km outside of Oudtshoorn on the main route towards the world famous Cango Caves
The Farm offers comprehensive and complete information regarding the ostrich - and ostrich industry. There you can check out:
- the eggs, incubators and chicks - did that
- hug and kiss our super friendly female - Linda - did that
- feed the ostriches by hand -did that
- sit on the ostriches -didn't do that, wouldn't want to kill one!
- stand on the eggs (no weight restrictions). -did that - didn't break any!!
After that you will be Ostrich bore of the year and probably lose all your friends.
Oh and just incase you need a retail opportunity there is the inevitable cafe and gift Shop.
More Things to Do in South Africa (19)
mad4travel's Related Pages
Have you been to South Africa?Share Your Travels