"Curb Your Wheels" Driving S.F. Tip by Rixie
Driving S.F., San Francisco: 33 reviews and 20 photos
San Francisco is a city of steep hills. Sometimes you wonder why parked cars (on grades even more vertical than the one in the photo) don't flip downhill, one after the other, like dominoes.
When parallel parking on a hill, remember to set your hand brake tightly and curb your wheels.
That is, when facing downhill, turn your front wheels sharply TOWARDS the curb, and when facing uphill, turn the wheels AWAY FROM the curb.
If you have trouble remembering which direction is correct, think "Whenever possible, hit a pedestrian." That is, turn the wheels so that if the car were to roll, it would move away from the street.
Address: San Francisco
More Reviews (43)
- See All An Insider's Walking Tour of Chinatown
- See All Good Thai Food in SOMA
- Hummm, Baby!
- The Pink Section(s)
- Take Muni or Walk
- See All The Fort Under the Bridge
- See All Chocolate and Nostalgia
- See All Out with the Old Year, In with the New
- See All Pretty Hoity-Toity
- This Ain't Malibu, Baby -- Bring a...
- Fishing for Suckers at Fisherman's Wharf
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
Rixie's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels