"Knott's Scary Farm" Knott's Berry Farm Tip by ahimsadesi

Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park: 16 reviews and 19 photos

Knott's Scary Farm is ranked among the very best Halloween events in the entire world, so I had high hopes when I decided to go for the first time this year (2006)

I thought the crowd would be minimal since I decided to go the second weekend it was open in early October, but wow was I wrong! There were still thousands of people there with most of them looking and talking like high school kids on a Saturday night binge of fun. I was concerned since I've heard about some safety issues they've had in the past, but overall everyone was simply there to have fun all night just as we were. That was a huge relief.

My suggestion is to go as early as possible since the traffic backs up all the way from the freeway offramps more than a mile away from the actual park. Finding parking was a nightmare even though we came 45 minutes early.

Another time-saving tip once inside is to avoid the rides as much as possible, especially the major ones like Ghost Rider because it can take upwards of 2 hours for a single ride. That is time much better spent on the Halloween-themed attractions like the haunted houses, mazes, and shows. Those were a great deal of fun once we started checking them out. The rides will be there year-round and a normal day pass can be had for cheaper than what you'll pay for entrance to Scary Farm, which is also shorter in duration than the normal daytime park hours.

In a nutshell, I'm not sure that this is one of the best Halloween events in the world since I've only been to a few, but it was sure was fun while it lasted. I would definitely go again in the future.

Address: 8039 Beach Boulevard
Directions: Buena Park, CA 90620
Phone: (714) 220-5200
Website: http://www.knotts.com/

• Written Dec 26, 2006

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Buena Park?