"Identifying Trees at Universiti Sains Malaysia" Top 5 Page for this destination University Sains Malaysia Tip by SLLiew
University Sains Malaysia, Penang: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) Penang is the main and the original campus. It is located on a hill overlooking Penang Bridge and was once a military barracks and so there are some really solid architecture builings. It is also a beautiful campus with many trees, plants attracting birds and butterflies.
As there is a school of botany, all the major tree species are tagged with a yellow marker with their local common name as well as their scientific name. It is fun to go around visiting the various part of the campus and stopping at looking all the major tree species that have were originally there or planted.
As an example, the picture here shows the "Tembusu" tree.
More Off The Beaten Path in Penang (19)
More Reviews (202)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels