"Holiday: Ded Moroz for New Year and Christmas" Top 5 Page for this destination Other Attractions Tip by sennaya
Other Attractions, Saint Petersburg: 95 reviews and 147 photos
Santa is lucky in Russia. He reigns over the holidays, starting with the Ded Moroz parade on Nevsky Prospect on December 24, then catholic or protestant Christmas on December 25. But the big day for Ded Moroz is New Year, as he is known throughtout Russia. He finishes on January 7, Orthodox Christmas.
During the 70 years of Soviet rule the religious observance of Christmas was changed to the New Year celebration. Now Russian Orthodox Christmas is January 7, the end of the official New Year Holidays January 1-7.
It is lead by Grandfather Frost, Ded Moroz, the blue Santa Claus.
Address: You can't miss him, he is everywhere
More Things to Do in Saint Petersburg (84)
More Reviews (259)
- See All Admiralty park with swing set
- See All Night boat Dancing
- See All Hire a car with or without driver
- See All Northway gift shop means No way
- See All Bed and Breakfast hotel
- See All Tripods
- See All Safety in the big city
- See All Don't miss the fresh fish pie
- See All Visit the English Communication Club
- See All New electric Samovars
- See All Money: bank cards or cash?
- See All Finding a fitness Club
sennaya's Related Pages
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels