"World War I Memorial, Esplanade" Top 5 Page for this destination Penang War Museum Tip by SLLiew
Penang War Museum, Penang: 5 reviews and 10 photos
This Cenotaph monument was dedicated to those who perished during World War I.
Unfortunately, the original sword on the Cenotaph was vandalized and only the marking is left.
Apparently there were some submarine and naval confrontations at Penang port during World War and lives were lost. Hope that the sword will be replaced one day.
The location of this memorial is at a strategic location of the Esplanade, next to the sea and the City Hall. There are people fishing there day and night and there is a play ground as well as a Chinese and a Halal Hawker center nearby.
Address: Jalan Padang Kota Lama, near old City Hall
Directions: At Jalan Batu Maung
Phone: +60 4-626 5142
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels