Delicado's: "Victoria's Best Salad" Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Restaurant Tip by Jetgirly

Victoria Restaurants: 287 reviews and 327 photos

Yum yum yum! Delicado's is downtown and recently won first-place in the "Best Salad in Victoria" contest. I visited on a weekday at lunch town, and although this cute little cafe-style restaurant was busy, we still received our food very quickly.

At Delicado's you have your choice of a wide range of salads, the daily soup, freshly-cooked Tex-Mex cuisine or a combination of the above. I opted for a vegetarian enchilada with a side of salad. It was tough to choose my salad, as the day's options included Chickpea Slaw, Beet Salad, Cauliflower Salad with Creamy Feta and Dill Dressing, and a Curried Pasta Salad. I chose the Chickpea Slaw to accompany the burrito, and both were fantastic. The chicken enchiladas good got reviews, the nachos looked great (ESPECIALLY with a double order of their amazing, fresh, home-made salsa) and we wanted a side of chipotle sauce to bring home. Take note: the food at Delicado's leans towards spicy, and most people will be happy ordering their food mild. Only true spice-lovers need to kick it up to medium, and only the mentally unsound need to choose spicy! They've got a good selection of regular and gourmet sodas to accompany your meal, plus lots of coffees and teas to choose from.

Address: 799 Fort Street
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: The corner of Fort Street and Blanshard Street, or two blocks from the Bay Center.
Phone: 381-3354
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Other

• Written Dec 23, 2006

Jetgirly Used To Live Here!

“I've come to eat all of your fruits and vegetables.”

Have you been to Victoria?