"Los Olivos Grocery, not really off the beaten path" Top 5 Page for this destination Los Olivos Off The Beaten Path Tip by rjweber21

Los Olivos Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 6 photos

Los Olivos Grocery, not in town
by rjweber21

This place is great. My brother and I stopped there on our way out to Foxen Vineyard to grab a bite for lunch. From what I hear, this place has really good dinner as well, but we were there for the BBQ that takes place on the weekends. Are you kidding me? I had a BBQ Tri-Tip sandwich that might have been worth the whole trip. I actually went back the next morning to buy some of the BBQ sauce they used ? it really had a nice spice to it. I suggest you pick up a couple bottles if you like BBQ.

You can buy wine at the store inside and pay a $5.00 corkage fee to drink it out on the patio with your lunch or dinner. We hit the whole ?Sideways? tour up on the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving, and nobody was up there ? it was completely by accident that we chose this weekend, but I think I might make it an annual trip. One last piece of advice from the wine pourer?s at Foxen: Don?t make any Sideways jokes or quotes. Although, Caddy Shack quotes never get old on the golf course, Sideways quotes definitely get old to the workers at the winery who have to hear it every weekend. Cheers!

Phone: (805) 688-5115
Website: http://www.losolivosgrocery.com/log-main.htm

• Written Dec 21, 2006

Comments

rjweber21

“Do what you have to do, until you know what you need to do.”

Have you been to Los Olivos?