"You may have heard of this place..." Eiffel Tower Tip by spgood301
Eiffel Tower, Paris: 601 reviews and 1,080 photos
It's that place you've seen on TV and in the movies. Come to Paris and see the Eiffel Tower in real life. Take tons of pictures. From all different angles. Like I did. To say that it's a Paris "must-see" is quite the understatement. It is, indeed, a very symbol of Paris.
A few facts about the Eiffel Tower:
* Built in 1889, it was the world's tallest building until New York's Empire State Building in 1931. No big apes have ever tried to climb the Eiffel Tower, though.
* It replaced the Washington Monument as the world's tallest building.
* The lower elevators are moved by pullies that, if you look under the Tower, are quite visible. The elevator ride to the first level is at an angle. Kinda cool, actually.
* It weighs 7300 tons. The souvenirs are much easier to take home than the originals.
* Radio towers were installed there by the U.S. Army during World War II. It has TV and radio towers there to this day.
* There's a skating rink on the first floor, open during the winter.
Not much more to say here except, when in Paris, go see the Eiffel Tower. :-)
Directions: You can't miss it!!!
Phone: +33 892 70 12 39
More Reviews (7)
spgood301's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels