Domaine de Lintillac: "Foie gras! Even for the budget traveller" Domaine de Lintillac Tip by Sandflake

Domaine de Lintillac, Paris: 2 reviews and 0 photos

Even a budget traveller should be able to treat himself to foie gras even once while in France. If he doesn't go down to the Perigord region, there are two Domaine de Lintillac restaurants in Paris.

I tried the one located in Paris' 2nd district. It is a cozy and very efficiently run restaurant. It is highly advisable that you make a reservation - the foie gras dishes, wines and champagne are so reasonable, the place is very popular. There are two services: the first time frame for reservations is from 7pm to 8:15pm and the second is from 10pm to 10:15pm. The restaurant is closed for lunch on Saturdays, and on Sundays. They are also open for lunch on weekdays.

For the choice of foie gras, I don't think anyone can find anything for less and still enjoy this kind of quality.

I learned about this restaurant while having a quick lunch by myself. There were 2 Americans seated at a table not so far away, but I couldn't help but overhear their conversation about this restaurant. One of them, based in Paris, mentioned that she always takes her American visitors there for the quality and value of money. It seemed too good to be true, I just had to try it out for myself!

If I remember correctly, English is spoken at this restaurant.

The other restaurant, which I haven't tried is at 54, rue Blanche, 75009 Paris; tel +33 1 48 74 8436.

Favorite Dish: For an entrée, I tried the Foie Gras de canard entier mi-cuit au Sauternes (Whole foie gras lobe, semi-cooked in Sauternes - 10.80?) excellent! I had Aiguillettes de canard aux 2 pommes (Fillet of Duck wings cooked with 2 kinds of apples - 9.20?) - also excellent!

My friends tried:
- Foie Gras d'oie entier mi-cuit aux raisins et beaumes de Venise - 9.70?
- Le magret de canard mulard pommes sarladaises - 9.70
These dishes were also really delicious!

Their champagnes (75 cl) range from 34? to 36? - a real treat!

Address: 10, rue St. Agustin, 75002 Paris
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: The closest métros to the restaurant in the 2nd district are: Quatre septembre and Bourse(line 3).
Phone: +33 1 4020 9627
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: French
Website: http://www.lintillac-paris.com

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

Sandflake Used To Live Here!

Sandflake

“Travel is one of the best forms of education”

Have you been to Paris?