"Airport Restaurant at Danang International Airport" Da Nang Warnings Or Dangers Tip by strangelove01478

Da Nang Warnings and Dangers: 4 reviews and 2 photos

Just before our flight to Hanoi from Danang, we had lunch at the "Airport Restaurant". We ordered a fish in cream sauce, sweet and sour shrimps, fried rice with crab meat and 2 iced coffee. The standard of the food was reasonable.

The bill came up to USD10 (160,000 dong). There was no item-breakdown on the bill, just a figure of USD10. At the payment counter, I requested for the menu to check the prices of the items that we had ordered. When I reached the second item, the cashier (a senior looking lady) closed my menu and ordered another waitress to bring me to the secondary dining hall, away from the curious eyes of other diners.

At the secondary dining hall, I requested for the menu again to go through the items that we had ordered. Again, the waitress closed my menu and wrote 69,000dong on a piece of paper, gesturing me to pay this amount. I refused to and insisted on using the menu. Eventually, the bill came up to 90,000 dong, according to the menu prices.

When we went back to make payment at the counter, no word of apology or smile was given by the staff.

• Written Dec 20, 2006

Ranked Member

Have you been to Da Nang?